Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Perfect Shade of Red


I've always been on the hunt for a red that wouldn't make me look like Bozo the Clown. So whenever I strolled into the malls I'd swatch the red just for the heck of it, convinced the red of my destiny probably did not even exist. None ever clicked..and none were just your classic red...they always had pinky undertones or corally, or orangy and though they were beautiful, they were not quite what I was looking for. Until I picked up this lipstick. It whispered to me almost and I knew I had found it. Ladies...I'd like you to meet the red of my dreams:

 
Maybelline 14 Hour Lasting Lipstick in 540 Ravishing Rouge



Price: Around the range of 40-50 dhs.

Packaging: Looks like a gloss tube in the first instance but on closer inspection the white cap lifts off and you can twist it up like any regular lipstick. The tube allows you to see the color inside though its not the lipstick itself.


Product: It is the perfect red. There is no 'orangy, coral, pinky, etc' attached to this lipstick. Its not matte, not glossy and it does stay put for a long time. For me (if I don't eat and drink heavily) it can last about 4  to 5 hours without touch ups. The claim to 14 hours is a bit of a stretch. No lipstick lasts that long. It can be applied sheer or bam in your face. Looks amazing with classic looks like a cat eye or nude eye. Its sheer simplicity is beautiful. It's not cool or warm which would make it ideal for all skin tones. Its got ever the slightest hint of tackiness, but it goes away after a bit. Since the formula is a long lasting one, it may cause some dryness but nothing that can't be solved with a little lip balm to prep the lips. I like the slight scent it has, its floral and pleasant but the smell lingers on for quite some time. And it makes your teeth sparkle like nobody's business. It should be pointed out however that it stains the lips but can be removed easily enough with makeup remover or vaseline.


The swatch above is one swipe and the one below a back and forth swipe. It can be built up as you like and gets more opaque with each swipe till a very deep saturated color is achieved.

Marks: 9/10







No comments:

Post a Comment