Sunday, December 29, 2013

Elf Haul and Mini Reviews

So I know that many of the Elf products are hit or miss, but I find that for the money, they're mostly pretty good. I was super excited to get a few items. They are so enormously marked up here but, they were on sale at 19 dhs a pop. Let's have a look at what I got and my initial thoughts:

From L to R Clockwise: Elf Cream Duo in Eggplant, Elf Blush and Bronzer Duo in Antigua, Elf HD Lifting Concealer in Brightening, Elf Eyelid Primer in Sheer, Elf Mineral Eyelid Primer in Blush, Elf Cream Eyeliner in Black (comes with a little eyeliner brush)


And now for the mini reviews and my initial thoughts:

1. Elf Cream Duo in Eggplant:
I just love both the colors in this combo. The texture is very soft, but it is a bit tricky to blend them out, at first it seemed like they were just rubbing themselves off while I was trying to blend them but this improved as I put on more product. I wish the colors were a bit more pigmented, more true to pan, but still I like both shades.
The dents give an idea how soft these are.

Corresponding swatches.

2. Elf Blush and Bronzer Duo in Antigua:
This is a definite winner, both the blush and bronzer are so highly pigmented with the former having slight golden shimmer that is very finely milled and the bronzer being almost matte. The shade of the bronzer is ideal for contouring on medium to dark skin tones, but you really need to just touch the product lightly.

The product in the pans.

Corresponding swatches.

3. Elf HD Lifting Concealer in Brightening:
So jumping onto the Kim Kardashian under-eye bright triangle trend, the area below your eye and on the sides of your nose and up to the outer corner of your eye, I got this brightening concealer, which really does not serve as a concealer but rather a matte highlighter as the name implies. It is very pigmented, feels creamy and blends nicely, so yes, this was a hit.

The wand

A look at the product and a dab of it blended out on the right. It has to be blended into your foundation to get a more natural look.

4.Elf Eyelid Primer in Sheer and Elf Mineral Eyelid Primer in Blush:
One is sheer and colorless on the eyelids, the other is mineral based and more like a taupy brown shade. Obviously they accentuate the color of the shadow I have used here, a bronze shadow from NYX but I don't see a marked difference in the end result of both. 

Left: Sheer              Right: Blush

On the left a swatch of the shadow without primer.
In the middle the swatch with the Sheer primer.
On the right the swatch with the Blush primer.

5.Elf Cream Eyeliner in Black:
This totally surprised me, it was so black, so creamy and the swatch lasted for hours without moving. The brush was quite usable, though I'll stick to the thinner one. Love this product. Its everything a gel liner should be. The only thing is that the cap kind of keeps going on around and around though at one point you know this is the tightest its going to get. But I just hope it doesn't dry out fast due to this reason. 

The little tub is also so cute.

The swatch of the liner, excuse the not so straight line.

Over all I would say that this was quite a satisfactory haul and look forward to using these products.



















3 comments:

  1. Lovely... cant wait to get my hands on some elf products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mind blowing... Was not expecting such good products fro. Elf, they have done good.

    ReplyDelete