Sunday, December 1, 2013

What's all the fuss about- Bioderma Makeup Remover

Yes, its a decent makeup remover. But what makes for a great one? We all know the dreaded mascara panda eyes that ensue after the fun is over, and what girl hasn't fallen asleep with a full face of makeup out of pure exhaustion...we've all done it. Why? Because we know what its going to be like to scrub your lashes till your eyes feel sore, as if they weren't closing from sleepiness anyway. We talk about makeup but we don't pay enough attention to its removal process.



I suppose in such circumstances it would help to know you have a magic potion just lying there and you'll have to do is swipe your eyes a couple of times and your face and all the gooey gunk and the dried flakes come right off. And that's essentially why I bought this makeup remover...



This french product got so much hype over the internet and so many rave reviews, I just had to snatch it up at 80 Dhs from the local drugstore. Its about double the price online. However I was disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high, but though it did remove the eye makeup and surprisingly did not burn my eyes (I have very sensitive eyes), it did not completely remove the darkness from under the eyes. This was more apparent the next morning. It performed no better than say, the local ones from Loreal or Maybelline. The one Clinique do is still the best performing one in my opinion. I had a small sample size which has long since finished, and I have been on the hunt for something like it for a while now. 

Sure the little pump on top is so cute, you don't have to tip the bottle over, just squeeze the top with your cotton pad/ball and you're good. Dispenses the right amount also. But really....tipping the bottle doesn't burn a lot of calories, certainly not less than pressing the pump.

To sum up, if you have sensitive eyes, and can splurge out a little money...then sure by all means go for it, I mean it is a good product. But I would not be repurchasing this...

Marks: 7/10



2 comments: