Sunday, February 28, 2016

Stila Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette - Mind (All Mattes) Review

I had a resolution this year- that I'd hit pan on my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. It was within my reach and I would have done so by now, had it not been for the culprit which is the subject of this review today. My sis-in-law sent this beauty a while back. I had seen this palette making the rounds but it did not prepare me about the actual feel of the packaging or the buttery consistency of the eyeshadows themselves.



Mattes are totally my thing, especially since using matte formulas are so pragmatic yet chic for work. When I first got this palette, I didn't even have the courage to try to lightly caress my little pinky finger into any of the shadows, so elegant was the whole look. Finally, temptation took over and I gave it a shot. 

Packaging: Very expensive and sophisticated looking. Feels heavier than it looks. The shadows have names, but sadly they are printed on the back of the palette. There are 12 very good quality eyeshadows that are mostly warm toned though there a few cool based tones as well. It came with a tiny booklet with 3 looks. 

Product: These shadows are long lasting and quite buttery, very blendable and there is no fall out. They are quite pigmented, but not cazy super pigmented except one that it totally insane.

A Close Up

First Four Eyeshadows Going Down:


Brilliance- This is a very light highlight shade that is quite neutral.

Imagination- This is the light pink version of Brilliance, also makes for a nice eyelid shade.

Genius- This is a neutral beige shade. For fair skin tones, it would be a lovely crease shade, but for my medium skin tone, it's more of a base shade.

Understanding- Is a mixture of the above 2. It's very close to my skin tone. Makes for a nice subtle crease shade or a base for a smoky eye.

Next Four Eyeshadows:


Instinct- This a mid-tone grey. Love to smudge this all over my lids for a quick smoky day time eye.

Observation- This is a dirty brown colour. I use this in the same way as Instinct.

Wit- The perfect crease colour, a very nice transition shade. It's just a couple of shades darker than my own skin colour.

Perception- This is the crazy pigmented shade I mentioned earlier. It's like a burnt orange shade. This is something I like to use to really warm out my crease, but one day I just barely touched the shadow with my bush and swiped it all over the upper and lower lid. Ended up doing a monochromatic look. 

Lastly:

Reason- This is a deeper shade of grey. Lovely for a deeper smoky eye or just to use in the outer-v area. I use it as a liner shade as well as for my eye brows.

Thinker- This reminds me of 'Sketch' from MAC, but this is also more pigmented than the others. It;s a deep egg-plant colour and one of the stars of the palette.

Creativity- Love this dark brown shade. Very versatile.

Intellect- This is a beautiful dusty rose colour. It works wonderfully with Thinker.

Marks: 10/10 Though it is a higher end palette with a higher end price range, it is so worth it. It is a very practical and usable palette. Great for working ladies.






5 comments:

  1. OHG the palette is so beautiful.From earthy to natural to smoked. it has all.I can see the pans are thoroughly pigmented.I need this in my life..

    https://50shadesofvanity.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/maybelline-colossal-super-black-kajal-review-comparison-with-the-colossal/

    ReplyDelete