Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bourjois 8 in 1 BB cream

By now we all know where BB creams originate from (the Far East), and how they're not exactly foundation but not a moisturizer...well not completely.There is so much influx of BB creams and more recently CC creams (but let's not get started on that shall we) that making a choice is mind boggling. I mean just look at the claims, it seems they have no fault.

I'll have to admit, it is nice to believe that something could actually do what most BB creams say that they do, a.k.a. even out skin tone, conceal, moisturize and reverse aging somewhat. I recently indulged in a purchase by Bourjois...and theirs have a whopping 8 advantages! Or so they claim:

Perfecting, Smoothing, Targeted Correction, Anti Fatigue, Anti-Shine, Anti Aging, Lasting Hydration and SPF 20.




Price: Very over priced at about 100 dhs. 

Packaging: Unique. Its a plastic casing, but very good quality and it flips open and the cap twists at a 360 degree angle. The mirror is so convenient. Inside there is a sponge applicator that is usable but I just use my fingers. 



Product: Well first thoughts...it's nice and I've used it quite a bit. Excellent for your makeup bag, the texture is lovely and matte. Its a nice pick for oily skins, but dry skinned girls can also use it due its smoothness and hydrating properties. The shade range was limited so I just picked the one that blended in better.

The texture is nice and light.

It's coverage is light to medium.


So lets see, perfecting: check, smoothing: yes it does smoothen, targeted correction: I don't know about this one...I mean for under eye circles and blemishes I still need some concealer, anti fatigue: well anything that makes your skin look more even and bright will do that for you right, anti shine: affirmative, anti aging: can't say I noticed, maybe after using a couple of tubs, lasting hydration: certainly feels like it, SPF 20: if they say so...I'm not one to judge there.

So all in all, it was mainly the awesome packaging that appealed to me. The product is nice, but not absolutely to die for. I love it for my makeup pouch. Just loving that mirror girls. I wish the coverage was a bit better. On the plus side it does not feel dry and it is very smooth. Not going to repurchase.

Marks: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment