Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Chanel Vitalumiere (discontinued) Dupe

One of my first high end foundations and one I love to this day is the Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation which has sadly been discontinued. This is not the other version they have called Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation which is a more recent formulation.

I'm in the shade 15 Opaline

Its so sad they discontinued it since it was truly beautiful. But I just happened upon a foundation which is more or less the dupe of this foundation in terms of the final finish. The Chanel one gives a dewy and soft finish to the skin which I really love for the winter months when the skin is more drier. It has an SPF 15 which the dupe does not but both smell very nice, both are floral and kind of similar. The smell may bother some people who are sensitive to strong smells. But I personally love the smell of both. 

So what is the dupe?



Meet Avon Calming Effects Foundation.

I'm in the shade Almond.

Both have a convenient pump.

I don't know why the Avon Foundation has a swirly pattern, but its a very nice formulation.

Similarities: 
  • Both are medium coverage and dry to a soft, smooth and dewy finish. The Avon one may have a slightly more higher coverage.
  • Both have strong floral smell (which I love) but the smells in themselves are little different.
  • Both come with pumps and are in glass bottles.
  • Both come in the same quantity i.e 1 fluid ounce or 30 ml which is standard for most foundations.
  • Both blend in seamlessly.
  • Both don't have very long staying power, on me they last about 4 hours without touch ups. The longevity can be increased by powdering and/or applying primer underneath.
Differences:
  • Well they're not exactly the same in the sense that one is far more expensive than the other and their availability also differ.
  • Chanel has an SPF of 15.
  • When I remove they Chanel Foundation, my skin feels like its had some sort of deep conditioning treatment and feels so soft. This particular quality I don't find in the Avon Foundation.
Aside from the above few differences, the final effect is almost same.

Half a pump of Chanel Vitalumiere

After blending: Medium coverage with healthy glow

Half a pump of Avon Calming Effects

Ever slightly more coverage, but still gives beautiful lit from within look.

Hope you enjoy and have a great one.










No comments:

Post a Comment