Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Best of Makeup 2013

By best I mean that I just love all these products and that I feel like I just gravitate towards these products more so than the other things I have. And since this topic has been picking up quite a storm in the beauty circles, I thought to so do one too.

I realize my blog is not a whole year long yet, but still I felt that I've had all of these products for the past year or so and I so these are just my favorite picks. Besides, this post would allow me to cross out two resolutions I mentioned earlier, namely, get rid of the old stale stuff and also pick out products for my new go to makeup bag.

Here goes nothing:

I'll this category wise, starting with face, then eyes, lips and my fav brushes also. Most categories will have both high end and drugstore products.




FACE PRODUCTS:

1. Face Primer: Both of these prolong the wear of foundation and makes it glide on seamlessly.

Model Co Face Base (higher end)

Avon Magix Face Perfector (drug store)

2. Foundation: 

Lancome Miracle Foundation (review here)

Boots No. 7 Essentially Natural Foundation (drugstore): This is almost matte with light to medium coverage.


3. Powder: Set your makeup, mattify your t-zone or disperse strong color with powder.

Left (higher end): MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural
Right (drugstore): Rimmel Stay Matte Powder


4. Concealer: Banish those under eye circles, cover blemishes or correct color spots.

Top (higher end): Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach
Bottom (drugstore): Bourjois Corrector Concealer Stick

And the concealers that actually brighten and highlight:


Top (drugstore): Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer
Bottom (higher end): Givenchy Mr. Light Concealer



5. Blush: This was a difficult category but I just needed to mention these:

Drugstore: L to R: NYX Cream Blush in Natural, Sleek Blush in Rosegold, NYX blush in Peach


Higher End: theBalm Instain Blush in Pinstripe, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Magic, Clinique Blush Stick in Rosy


6. Highlighters: For an added kick to highlight the high planes of your face:

Higher end- Left: Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter
Right: MAC Superb Highlighter


Drugstore- Palladio Shimmer Strips
The Body Shop Liquid Highlighter


7. Bronzer: Sculpt your cheek bones or add a warm glow all over:

Left (higher end): Chanel Bronze Universal
Right (drugstore): NYX Matte Bronzer


8. Setting Sprays: I know that so many companies have come out with these. This one is my favorite, I don't know why it does not get more love...

The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist




EYE PRODUCTS:


1. Eyeshadow Primer: To make eyeshadow brighter and make it last longer:



Drugstore- NYX Eyeshadow Base, Maybelline Color Tattoos, Catrice Made to Stay Eye Base, ELF Eyelid Primer

Higher end- Left Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Left: MAC Paintpot in Rubenesque (review)


2. Eyeshadows: These come in all the colors of the rainbows in so many textures and finishes.


Higher end- Left: MAC quad (my own picks)
Right: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (review)

Drugstore- Top: Barry M Eyeshadow Trio in 303 
Bottom Left: Wet n Wild Palette in Comfort Zone (review)
Right: Flormar Eyeshadow Quartet in 47 (review)


3. Eyeliners: Of course you a need something to add drama to those peepers:


On the Left are Gel Eyeliners- higher end: Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner
drugstore: Loreal Hip Cream Liner

On the Top are Liquid Eyeliners- (no higher end): The Body Shop Liquid Eyeliner
Essence Mania Eyeliner

On the Right are the Pencil Liners- (no higher end) Revlon Grow Lucious
Prestige Intensity Eyeliner
Essence Long Lasting Eyepencil the nude one


4. Mascara: No makeup look is complete without making those lashes fluttery:

Top higher end- Benefit They're Real Mascara
drugstore- Max Factor False Lash Effect


5. Brows: Fill them in or extend them with powders and waxes or simply brow pencils or brow gels to keep stray ones in place:

 Essence Brow Pencil and Essence Transparent Brow Gel




LIP PRODUCTS:

1. Lip Balms: Hydrate chapped lips or use them as a primer.


Left higher end: Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry
Right drugstore: Maybelline Baby Lips


2. Lipsticks: Some have a high shine finish, others matte...what ever is up you alley.


On the  Left high end: YSL Glossy Stain in 4, Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick (a med pink), YSL Rouge Volupte in the deep brown shade

On the Right drugstore: Revlon Color Burst Lipstick in Lilac, NYX Matte Lipstick in Butter and Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

3. Lip Gloss: For added shine:

Left higher end- MAC Lipglass, Estee Lauder High Shine Gloss
Right drugstore- Bourjois 3D Effect 8 Hr Gloss, Loreal 6 Hr Glam Shine Gloss


4. Lip Liners: Love Prestige and Rimmel Lip liners.


FAVORITE BRUSHES:


The brush pouch has a metallic closure.

From the top:
RT expert face brush
Makeup Forever dual ended brush
Generic sponge tip applicator
Essence Eyeshadow Brush
Essence Smoky Eye Brush
Essence Angled Brush
Generic Fine Eyeliner Brush
Maybelline Gel Liner brush

Yup these are pretty much my favorites and I suppose I will be replacing my old makeup products in my go to makeup bag with many of these products.

I will be doing reviews for all these products but if there is any item you would like me to review first immediately please let me know in the comments section below.

Hope you all enjoyed this post, I love posts like these myself.






4 comments:

  1. My god this is awesome.. This blog is the best ... Just superb.... Lov it... Muaaahhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'll be doing a what's in my makeup bag featuring many of these products...hope you'll like that.

      Delete