Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

A product that claims that it corrects, highlights and conceals...a dream product indeed!! It's a tall claim...does it live up to it?


Shade 310 Radiant

When I bought this I was thinking okay, so here is a product, that if it actually does what it says, would be a magic wand for me due to the darkness and pigmentation issues I have. I knew it would do little for my panda like under eye circles, but then again, I have yet to come across some product that would fix that to my liking. However, with some extra TLC around those circles, this pen actually did do most of what it claimed.



Price: About 60-70 Dirhams

Packaging: A pen like product with a twisty cap at the back and a brush dispenser at the other end. When you twist, a decent amount of product gradually comes out, not oodles and oodles of it causing a hot mess. 
I don't find any blending capabilities on the part of the brush, but it dots on the product pretty well. I find blending with fingers is best.

A couple of twists reveals a bit of product coming out.

Product: It did indeed highlight around the nose, over the cheek bones, under the brow bone, on the cupids bow and on the bridge of the nose. I applied it over my Bobbi Brown corrector and it blended in nicely reducing the eye circles to quite an acceptable level. Also it did not settle into fine lines. It did not feel drying, heavy or cakey.

Notice the pigmentation of the veins...this is a dab of the product before blending.

Veins all gone, coverage decent, brighter and more even skin tone.

As far as concealers go, this one is pretty damn good, even if it is a bit over priced for a drug store product.

Marks: 9/10





No comments:

Post a Comment