Sunday, December 25, 2016

Makeup Products I have Fallen out of Love With + 1 Acquisition

It's all about perspective. 3 makeup products that I had intense love for, a couple of which I have also used extensively, now just lie there on my vanity, pretty much idle. Let me reintroduce:


From the left:

1. Loreal Blush in 04- Rosewood
2. Urban Decay's Naked Palette 3
3. Color Pop lippie in Tulle

Let's talk about product number 1.

As you can see it's been given a lot of love- have hit major pan. Feel so proud since that's happens so rarely. However, I don't know if it's a change in the weather (and subsequently drier skin) but I can't help but think that the end result is a ruddy complexion around the cheek area.

As I said, it's not the product, it's a gorgeous colour, neutral and natural, but right now, I'm putting it away.

As for the stunning Naked Palette 3 (READ REVIEW), looks-wise, it's a stunner. On my medium skin tone, even with a primer, most shades come off very close to each other on the eyelid. As you can see, it hasn't been used too much. I really have to put in an effort with this one, so I don't really reach for it.

I got these little sized Color Pop lippies in a set. See the review HERE.

Since these morph into a colour 2 shades darker than what appears in the tube after they dry on the lips, this particular lippie tends to have a grey undertone on my lips, gives an overall unyouthful effect. I love the colour, but it just doesn't work for me.

As for my new little gem (for now at least):


Loreal Color Riche Lipstick in 630 Beige A

Swatch

The thing is, when a woman reaches her 40's, a little bit of sheen on the lips is a good thing, primarily because it gives a fresher and youthful effect. It's doubly good in dry weather. 

This is your old school lipstick that is not overly glossy but does have a lovely sheen, this is a very heavy swatch. It's such a gorgeous no-fuss shade. Every woman or girl should have this in her collection. I got this in a sale actually, so I don't know the exact price though I think it should be for about 1500 Rs.

I can totally apply a light coat and pull it off as a lip balm (smells divine and has a very soothing texture), or apply it with a heavier hand and get an opaque beige shade with hints of rosegold. 

Definitely recommended!

Have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment