Monday, April 7, 2014

NYX Slide-On Eye Pencils

I have a very conservative style when it comes to makeup. I stick to my neutrals and rarely steer towards bright and bold colors. But recently, I decided to step out of my comfort zone (hence the Maybelline Blush in Hot Tamale (reviewed here) and Mac's Russian Red Lipstick (reviewed here)) and on seeing a 50% off on NYX Slide-on Pencils, I grabbed 6 of the shades because what better way than colored liners to bring a pop of color to your otherwise neutral look.
Top to Bottom: Sunrise Blue, Jewel, Purple Blaze, Golden Olive,
 Azure and Golden Bronze

The pencils are soft, highly pigmented and apply smoothly without any tugging or dragging. After settling down, they surely are waterproof, smudge proof and last quite a long time. They take a minute or two to dry down completely hence giving you time to smudge them out for a soft look or apply and blend all over the lid to serve as a base for powder eyeshadows. 


Single swipe swatches (Top to Bottom): Golden Bronze, Azure,
Golden Olive, Purple Blaze, Jewel and Sunrise Blue
Golden Bronze: Metallic Copper bronze.
Azure: Turquoise blue with silver shimmer.
Golden Olive: Olive green with gold shimmer.
Purple Blaze: A rich purple
Jewel: Medium plum with plum and gold shimmer
Sunrise Blue: Deep Blue with blue and silver shimmer 
(This one also featured in my monthly favorites post here)

Although most are shimmery but the shimmer is not over the top or tacky, rather its very fine and subtle. Absolutely love and will probably purchase more colors probably the green one.

Dupe Alert: I have heard a lot that they are highly comparable to the award winning Urban Decay 24/7 Liners and some shades are a perfect dupe. I havent had a chance to try them so I cant say for sure. However, if any of you has tried them then do let me know..

Hope you enjoyed the post. Have a great day! 

2 comments: