Saturday, January 11, 2014

Guest Post: Urban Decay Naked Palette- The First One

Today I have a guest post again by a fellow makeup junkie MA, and as with all makeup junkies she is head over heels in love with....you guess it, the UD Naked Palette. So without further delay, let's just get right down to business:

Urban Decay Naked Palette


A friend of mine aptly said that no blog is complete without a mention of naked palette.  So here I am bringing you a review on my absolute favourite and one of the most coveted and hyped about product in the beauty world, the Urban Decay Naked Palette.



The packaging is made up of cardboard covered with a velvety/ suede material which sadly is a dust and lint magnet. The palette itself is very compact, sturdy and travel friendly with a magnetic closure. A downside though is the small mirror inside which is of no use.




Housed inside are 12 beautiful warm neutral shades in a range of finishes from matte to shimmer and also a couple with glittery specks. Pigmentation is top notch. All are soft, buttery and easily blendable shadows with no noticeable fallout. The color range revolves around  brown and bronze hues and best suits our medium skin tone. It’s a foolproof, hassle free palette. Without much thinking any combination of shades put together looks great.  <That's why it is my first choice when I have 5 minutes to get ready for a party and my husband walking impatiently in the hallway, a crying 1 year old tugging at my legs and a 3 year old going through my makeup stash to ruin either my lipsticks or his new clothes!!!! Naked palette to the rescue!! >


The first six shades: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked

Corresponding swatches without a base

Virgin is a beautiful nude highlight shade. Not shimmery or frosty but has a beautiful sheen.

Sin is a light champagne , rose-gold shimmer.

Naked is a matte light brown, close to my skin tone and used mostly as a base lid color. There are 2 mattes in the palette and both are of great quality. Soft, great color pay off and not at all chalky.

Sidecar is a light pinky bronze with very fine golden flecks of glitter.

Buck is a rich medium matte brown. Perfect as a transition color and blending the crease.

Half Baked is a gorgeous golden bronze shimmer.

The next 6 colors: Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

Corresponding swatches

Smog is a medium bronze shimmer leaning towards the brown plum side.

Darkhorse is a dark brown with flecks of red/copper glitter. It also has a slight tinge of olive also I feel.

Toasted is a dark rose gold shimmer. My favorite. Can be used as a quick single shade eye look.

Hustle is a deep plummy brown shimmer. Pairs beautifully with Toasted.

Creep appears to be a dark bluish black with gold flecks of glitter in the pan, but when swatched its patchy and more of grey rather than black. Its my least favorite of the lot with not a good color payoff. You really have to pack up this color to get the desired intensity.

Gunmetal is a Blue Silver shimmer with flecks of glitter.

Verdict: Need I say more?  My rave speak volumes of my love for this versatile palette which can be used for a natural look in the day time or to rock a really glammed up smokey look in the night. P-E-R-F-E-C-T.


I must say I agree with everything, big fan myself....the one palette every girl needs to have!!!










1 comment: