Friday, January 3, 2014

Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination to Oily Skin.

Before starting be warned this is more a rant than a rave. This foundation did not impress me even though contradictory to my above statement, I actually had been using it for years. But in my defense, it was in the days before I found Clinique or Lancome or even Rimmel or Bourjois. I know this foundation has a huge cult following and it is often stated to be a dupe of Makeup Forever HD foundation which I have never tried. But if it is then I'm not inclined to try it.

Shade 180 Sand Beige


 Let’s see about the pros:

  1. It has good coverage. I still need concealer for blemishes and under eye circles.
  2. Its smell is not unpleasant, though its not entirely pleasant either, I don’t have an issue with it. To me its like a bit soapy sort of and it stays on for quite some time.
  3. It is also long lasting, easily lasts the day. But I do notice some oil breaking through after a few hours.
  4. It has soft flex, which is supposed to be something good for the skin I am guessing and an SPF of 6.
  5. It comes in a wide variety of shades from pale to very dark. 
So it seems to be pretty good right? But…





  1. The packaging is awful! Trying to get a proper amount with no pump is a fine talent. Not to mention the mess on the edges and cap.

    2. I found it difficult to blend with a brush and with my fingers. I read some place to use a damp sponge,           but I just want my foundation to look good without the much added hassle.

A tad foundation on the skin before blending

After blending, the finish is decent enough but feels bit heavy and tacky.


    3. It felt tacky and heavy on the skin, and even though the tackiness did dissipate with a little time, the               heaviness and feeling of a layer on my skin did not. This feeling got worse with powdering.

    4. For a drugstore foundation, its pretty over priced at about 100 dhs give or take a few.

I understand that many people don't have these issues, but everyone's skin is different. This is one I will stay clear from in the future.

Marks: 5/10


       





No comments:

Post a Comment