Sunday, January 12, 2014

Clinique Chubby Stick - 05 Chunky Cherry

There was such a hype around these, that they were hydrating and soothed chapped lips and kept them moist and healthy looking on cold dry days...and well the packaging is so appealing...all of the hyped pulled me in one day as I finally gave in while the display called to me. Since my lips are pretty pigmented and light colors hardly show up, I opted for something bright and festive, hoping that I could kill two birds with one stone: get color pay off, get healthy smooth lips.

Chubby Stick in 05 Chunky Cherry



Price: A whopping 110 dhs.

Packaging: Very nice, shiny cap and a twisty thing at the other end that lift the product out of the plastic tube which depicts the color inside...no complaint here.

The product was shaped like a bullet but I wore it down.

Product: And here I was slightly let down. The feel of the product was too slick, completely disappeared in about an hour even without eating or drinking, but that was okay, I could live with that. The smell was odd, its not supposed to smell of anything, yet it smelt slightly plasticy. Now I didn't mind that either. I was expecting the color to be sheer, it was a balm after all, but I did not expect it to be so weak that it just gave a hint of the lovely color on the tube. It did the job, but the price tag did not justify this product and that was the big let down. It was hydrating and did help smoothen dry chapped lips but so do many other much cheaper balms.

After literally rubbing it for a good 10 seconds this is the best I could get it to swatch.


I know that they have launched an intense colored line of chubby sticks, if anyone has those tell me how they fared for you. Meanwhile the Maybelline Baby Lips (read review here) are a good dupe, if not better. The one I have is pink, but they do one more or less like this chubby stick.

Let me demonstrate:

Maybelline Baby Lips in 25 Pink Punch

The product in the tube- Chubby Stick

The product in the tube- Baby Lips (identical except for the color)

Swatched together: Top- Chubby Stick, Bottom- Baby Lips

Oh! And the Baby Lips is just 15 dhs!

I do like it, its so convenient and pretty and girly, its got that sentimental quality, whenever I use it I feel happy because its so pretty! But lets face it, technically its just as good as the Baby Lips.

Marks: 6/10







No comments:

Post a Comment