Thursday, January 9, 2014

NYX Mosaic Powders- A Review

You know how I mentioned one of these a couple of posts ago (click here), well I've been thinking to do an in depth review of a couple of more I have. They are just what I look for in an easy to use blush, if its not a matte thing I'm looking for...these are what I really enjoy.

So lets dive right in:

The 3 powders I have from this line are:


From the left: Rosey 06, Dare 12, Plummy 03

Price: About 40 dhs.

Packaging: A lot like MAC with a solid closure. Not at sturdy as MAC though, but close enough.

Product:

Since these are mosaic powders, these have certain advantages over regular blushes:

1. There are five individual shades that can be used as eyeshadows.
2. When swirled together, you get a color that can be adjusted depended on what colors you focused on while using your brush.
3. This particular powder has at least one highlighting shade, this can be used individually for highlighting or gives a nice sheen when used with all the other shade in there.

I love multitasking products. 

Rosey, Dare and Plummy
Corresponding swatches.

Rosey is your regular medium pink, Goes nicely with a lot of looks. A very natural and easy to use color.

Dare has some auburn shades and some coral tones in the pan but when all are used together is gives a beautiful pinky coral color. Its so beautiful and my favorite of the three.

Plummy is a cool toned pink with purple undertones. Overall it has a slightly less dewy finish than the other two but it is still noticeable.  

Note: There is one shade called "highlighter" and it is a lovely pure highlighting color. When used with an extremely light hand over the entire face it can give that lit from within look. Over the high planes of the face it looks very nice as well.  Here is a picture of it, though I don't have it myself:


When used over foundation, it lasts the better part of your day, but 4-5 hours in it does fade. This is to be expected with most blushes though.


Marks: 9.5/10






No comments:

Post a Comment