Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Favorite Mascara of the Moment

My relationship with mascaras is fickle. They don't last long and a new one enters the picture after a few weeks. Also pointedly, I am not a big fan of splurging on higher end mascaras. I think these days drugstore mascaras are really rocking it. Especially the ones from Maybelline and Rimmel.

So recently, I've been loving the Scandaleyes Mascara by Rimmel. The whole range of the Scandaleyes products are very good generally. I have reviewed the pencil liner in this range here. So anyway, I initially got the non waterproof version so that I could easily wash it off for washing my face before prayers and this did come off easily with water and eye makeup remover but I liked it so much I picked up the waterproof one for times when I would need it to wear for a long period of time. Also generally speaking, waterproof versions hold the curl better than its counterpart.

Behind: Waterproof
In front: Non waterproof

Price: About 40 dhs.

Packaging: A bit bulky for my taste, but the orange color really stands out and is fun to look at. Its a plastic tube and it has a huge old school bristle brush. Closes well, doesn't dry out fast and because of its size and color it is easily detectable in the depths of your purse or makeup bag.

Both wands are the same.

Product: The brush is big but tapered so its easy to get most lashes with a single swipe. You have to work it a bit to reach the inner lashes.

 The formula is not dry and not too wet. It is a mostly a volumizing mascara and won't do too much in terms of length, though you could pair it lengthening formula on top. That's what I like about it, that it is very buildable and doesn't go all spidery on me till well after three coats. My lashes are of average length and average thickness, and this does make my lashes look prominent. Even though the waterproof version did not smudge on me for a good 4 hours, the minute water touches it, be it sweat or tears, it will run. So its no good for the gym or weddings. Under such cases, the waterproof one will do good for you. It's best to swipe the extra product from the tip of the wand and then apply in thin layers for best results.

A look at the formula of the mascara

Overall, its a good mascara, gives good results and it is very black, volumizing and helps the length too, though not too much. The choice in formulas is also a bonus for me for the reason I mentioned above.

Marks: 8/10






No comments:

Post a Comment