Tuesday, January 14, 2014

MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish Highlighter in Superb

Yesterday I talked about a rosegold blush, but today, I want to talk about a highlighter from MAC that has a rosy champagne color to it. It was released as a limited edition item from the Extra Dimension Collection along with two other shades but this one is the most universally wearable one. I think they re-released it once after as well due to huge demand. This was a actually in response to the Estee Lauder Gelee Powder which was also limited edition but both brands are owned by the same company and both products were essentially the same except for the price tag. I had to snatch this one up before it sold out. These items get prebooked and sold even before they hit the stores. I guess I was one lucky gal...

Half of the product has a swirly pattern, and the other half has MAC embossed on it.



The back

Price: About 120 dhs.

Packaging: Standard MAC skinfinish compact. There is no mirror or sponge.

Product: It is a very light pink champagne color with rosy undertones and the variation changes with each angle. It has a high metallic sheen, but it is not powdery nor cream but something in between. It is very long lasting, and for a product that has such a high glow factor, it does not accentuate pores and fine lines as most such products do. I like to use it on the high planes of the face or I dust this on with a light hand over regular blush just give it that extra wow punch. It is soft and buttery and there is no fall out. 

My son got into it, but this is the close up.

One the left: concentrated swatch
On the right: the product blended out

This is easily the one of my most loved products of all time....its so beautiful. 

Marks: 10/10




No comments:

Post a Comment