Sunday, March 23, 2014

Maybelline The Rocket Volume Masacra

Mascara completes the makeup look and for a makeup product, it is the product that has the most maximum impact on you face I feel. I love mascara, and considering most of the time I just don't have the time to curl and do layers, I am always looking for one that will do the job in one quote. For an everyday look I don't like to go for super pumped up lashes, but yes, I like them to give that lift and fluttery effect. For special occasion I do layers and appreciate a mascara that can give me a seriously heavy look. In my experience, mascara is one of those products that the drugstores are doing just as good if not better than their department store counterparts. I must say the this one really did deliver.




Price: About 45 dhs.

Packaging: It has that bulky packaging that the drugstore brands have been coming out with. I prefer slender packaging, but it's not a deal breaker. The bristles are plastic and the wand is quite thick. The brush is also thick and slightly tapered with small bristles which are quite deceiving, you'd as how they're supposed to pick up any lashes at all. Another plus is that as you pull out the wand, excess product is prevented from covering the brush due to a stopper on the mouth of the tube.

Close up of the wand before dipping in product


Product: As soon as you swipe this brush on your lashes there is some serious pumped up action going on. Two, three swipes later I have the achieved the look I am going for. It's primarily a volumising mascara but trust me, it does pick up on length too. I think it is great for thin sparse lashes and if you have naturally thick lashes, you might want to handle this one with care. The down side is that the formula does feel slightly heavy, but you get used to the feeling in a bit, also if you know you will be removing it, you need to carry a proper makeup removing liquid with you, its a tough one to get out and will easily last you all day without smudging.

The consistency of the product on the tip of the brush. Notice that the bristles are not clumped with product.

It's affordable, the wand is great at getting all the lashes, its super black. It's the complete package.

Marks: 9.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment