Friday, May 22, 2015

MAC's Satin Taupe, Is It Worth the Hype?

I just love using palettes that have a good variety of eyeshadows. It's very convenient. It also enables you to get creative. A few lovely ones that spring to mind are Urban Decay's Vice 3 (review here), both the Lorac Pro Palettes and the Naked Palettes. With all of these, I don't really have to use primer, just a light hand with concealer works (but just set with powder) and they last all day. They just need a dab in the pan for good colour payoff.

To be honest, I am just not a fan of singles. Although the Satin Taupe from Mac is housed in a quad, I'll still say its a single. But is it worth it? MAC eyeshadows are pretty expensive and it could set you back quite a bit to make a quad. I remember thoroughly researching MAC eyeshadows when I wanted to build mine.

Satin Taupe was probably the most hyped best seller. I liked the swatches too (though I thought they looked different in each picture-but more on that later). And so it was that I became the proud of owner of this eyeshadow.
So that brings us back to question at hand? Was it worth it? The answer would be yes. 

First off, it gives you the perfect smokey eye. It's not harsh like deep grays or blacks, yet it can give you a subtle smoldering effect. 

Secondly, it's gives the illusion that you have worked on your look when you really haven't and you've just swiped the brush across your eyes in a wiper like motion- swipe, blend- done in 7 seconds per eye. Due to the unique finish, it gives this nice reflective look on the eyelid, but the product gives the impression of a deeper shade in the crease.

Thirdly, it looks different each time I use it. Weird right? That's why all the swatches I saw were different, or most were.

I like this better than 'All That Glitters,' which I also have. 

So yes, it's worth the hype. Colour payoff- check, longevity- check, blending- check, prettiness- double check!






2 comments:

  1. Love this shade and that it has a bit of shimmer, it would be perfect as crease color


    sparklygoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used it as a crease colour, but mostly I use it as both a lid and crease colour.

      Delete