Monday, February 3, 2014

MAC Lipstick in Mocha

Do you ever feel irritated by the sales ladies at these department stores that eye you, sum you up, and hover over you sending a telepathic message "lady buy something or get out"? I just wish they'd let you at least take a couple of breaths and browse around, and then when you want to buy something or require assistance we will call you immediately. So one day when I saw a MAC store relatively empty, and only two ladies, both of whom were bust doing something behind the counter, I saw an opportune moment to walk around the shop and see if there was anything new. I even thought I'd treat myself to something if it takes my fancy. Armed with these thoughts I entered. Sadly, nothing really struck me as being outstanding. As I turned to walk out of the shop, one of the sales ladies came up (yes I was shocked that one of them did not approach me earlier) and asked me if I saw anything I liked and if she might help me with something. Since I had mostly decided I'd be hitting the road something struck me about her. It was her lip color. I had to ask...and she said it was her no fuss yet something with a punch, favorite Satin finish MAC lipstick. Really I thought, it was suiting her and as her complexion was close to mine I was baited and predicted that I'd soon be reeled in.

And so it was that I became the proud owner of MAC lipstick in Mocha.





Price: OMG what are they thinking, I remember purchasing for 80, then it became 90 and now its 109 dhs? Funny how they cost about 18$ in the US...

Packaging: Your usual MAC bullet shaped tube.

Product: As with all Satin finish lipsticks by MAC, this one is highly pigmented, respectably long lasting and because of that, they are slightly drying, but this does not bother me, if you have extra dry lips, either use lip balm underneath,  a gloss on top or opt for the more hydrating formulas like cremesheen finish.

In the bullet


A swatch


It has your typical vanillaish scent, it is strong but gets lighter. Sometimes it bothers me sometimes not.The color I would say is slightly warm toned. Its a brick but with a little bit of pink. It's not a light shade but its not very dark either. For a no fuss light statement lip, ideal for medium skin tones, I would definitely recommend this shade.

Marks: 9/10

 





No comments:

Post a Comment