Saturday, February 22, 2014

Which Brushes are on my Vanity?

So over time, my most loved and most convenient to use brushes have crept from the recesses of my drawer to the top of my vanity in a sleek little Real Techniques case. It has been touch and go with some being tossed back in, others making the rounds, but now, these are the ones that have been stuck for the past couple of months. I don't have them in a pretty mug or anything because I find that keeping them in this case is more convenient and they don't pick up as much dust or lint. Now I know this little case itself can be made into a stand like thing, but for the life of me I can not figure it out. No worries, I am happy with it as it is.
So which brushes am I really liking and using...

My Go To Makeup Brushes

Okay so I've divided the brushes into 2 portions, Face Brushes and Eye Brushes

Starting with the face brushes:


So from Left to Right:

1. Real Techniques Flat Foundation Brush: I find it too small for foundation, so I either apply my Chanel Bronzing Base with this for contouring.

2. Sigma Angled Kabuki Brush: My favorite to apply liquid foundations. I just dab foundation all over my face and blend it out with this brush. When it was new I felt the bristles did not have much give so it was a bit hard, but now its just perfect. It gives an air brushed finish.

3. Real Techniques Powder Brush: It's softness makes the powder I brush on after foundation seamless and not overly done.

4. Essence Powder Brush: I use it when I want very specific application of powders, under the eyes or a powder bronzer to contour.

5. Real Techniques Blush Brush: Hands down the best blush brush ever. I don't even need to think about the application process when using this brush. It just transfers the product perfectly and blends it out with no effort.

6. Diana of London Eye Shadow/ Concealer Brush: No good as an eye brush, but for application of concealer its okay. Can't blend out well though...better served to pat in concealer on spots.

7. Real Techniques Deluxe Eyeshadow Brush: I find it a bit much for eyeshadow, but it is the perfect tool to blend out concealer under the eyes. I don't use anything else. Not even my fingers anymore. It's a holy grail brush, like the blush brush.

And now we come to the Eye Brushes:


From Left to Right:

1. Sigma Blending Brush: I keep 2 of these. One to apply and one to blend out. It's the most essential brush in my opinion. It's good for laying product down as well as blending and just perfect for crease work.

2. Essence Eyeshadow Brush: This one is good for cream products. I find the bristles to be not too hard, yet not too stiff making it perfect for this purpose.

3. Essence Smoky Eyeshadow Brush: Due to its tapered end, I find it good for the 'outer v' and fine crease work.

4. Generic Eyeliner Brush: This is slightly bent so makes eyeliner application easier, also love the thinness, can create the finest line with it. 

5. Generic Lip Brush: Only I don't usually use a lip brush, I use this one to layer powder eyeshadow over pencil liner either above or under the eye to increase its longevity or create a slightly smoked effect.

6. Maybelline Eyeliner Brush: This one came with the gel eyeliner, I find it to be good for days when I want slightly more thicker line with my gel liner.

7. Shiseido Fine Crease Brush: It bristles are quite soft so I use this for accentuating the outer V or fine blending.

So that is how I use these brushes. They're just easy to work with and my hand has settled well with them. The brushes in my to go makeup pouch are different, I don't use those much. 

If you have any favorite holy grail brushes, let me know in the comments below.







No comments:

Post a Comment