Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Avon Color Trend Lipsticks

I've always enjoyed Avon Lipsticks. I've never has an issue with hydration, primarily speaking and they have a whole array of finishes in an affordable price range. The only issue is, picking out a shade from their catalog or online swatches is not 100% reliable. I've had quite a few surprises too.

These color trend lipsticks caught my eye one day, especially so since they were on sale. I was soon to travel, I thought having a few new lippys in my arsenal would definitely be a plus. I was looking though to see which shades would be different from the ones i already owned and finally picked out two, but me being me, threw in a neutral pink for good measure.


Avon Color Trend Lipsticks



Price: Very good ranging between 17 and 25 dhs.

Packaging: Somewhat unique with a white exterior that allows a peek at the actual lipstick inside between the cap and tube.

My shades: Amethyst, Flirt, Intimate


Product: These are very hydrating, decently long lasting and they are smooth to apply. They have a very strong lipstick smell. It does not bother me, but I'm not a fan either. The color pay off is sheer to buildable with some shades being more opaque than others.

Corresponding product in the tubes.

Swatches

Amethyst is a neutral pick, somewhat sheer but very pretty and your typically perfect mid tone pink. It comes off sheer in the first swipe but is quite buildable.

Flirt is a orange based coral. This was one of the unique shades I mentioned. It is such a beautiful spring/summer color. Finish is similar to Amethyst.

Intimate is a light orchid. Lucky for me its the color of the year. But this is also a beautiful shade and quite different in my collection.

If you're in the market for a good yet affordable lipstick, these are a must try. For the price, what more can you ask for?

Marks: 9/10





2 comments:

  1. Love the "intimate" shade! You should show some pictures with these shades on the lips. :)
    Cool post!

    ReplyDelete