Monday, February 24, 2014

Loreal Studio Secrets Professional Smoothing Resurfacing Primer

I'm always excited to try out new face products, and face primer has become quite an obsession in the makeup department. Indeed, if used right, and if you can find one right for you, it gives several advantages. This particular one, which I am not going to take the liberty of typing down again (just look at the length of the name of the product), was so hyped up about, and since I was in the market for a good primer, I bought it.


This appealed to me for several reasons: the packaging, the marketing, the product being in cream form. 

So how did it fare, what was my impression...



Price: Hefty near the 100 dhs mark.

Packaging: Very nice, expensive looking glass tub with a very pale pink cream/gel textured product. The lid twists closed. Contains 15 ml of product.


Product: As mentioned, it is a very pale pink, but it blends out to no color at all. You need ever so little of this product for your entire face. This little tub could last you ages. The consistency is difficult to describe, its a mash up of a mousse, cream and gel. 

A close up in the tub, kinda got some product on the edge there.

This product definitely delivered on these fronts:

Smoothed appearance of the skin
Foundation lasted well
Controlled shine (did not become all greasy like many silicon based products do)
Filled in pores (but I don't have very large pores, but the ones I do have were evened out)
Light weight, couldn't feel like I had on anything at all, also it has a very slight smell which disappears. It just okay.

But I did have one slight issue, nothing that couldn't be fixed with a little extra work. Although the product blended nicely, the foundation on top required extra blending because I found  it to streak and at some places, even patchy. So I had to go over the foundation with my brush again after it had almost settled to fix it. Some light powdering also helped. It's not a major issue, but it had to be addressed.

A close up of the consistency, this little dab is enough for your face

Blended out, fine lines smoothed out, skin looks fresher

Notice the slight streaks when I blend a foundation over the top, easily corrected by blending out and powdering.




Would I repurchase...considering it does so well otherwise, that and lasts for ever...yes.

Marks: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment