Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dupes of the 24/7 Urban Decay Eyeliner Pencil in Perversion

When they said that the best eyeliner pencil out there was this one, (whoever 'they' may be), they weren't kidding. All other pencils are compared to this pencil, it is the set standard to which any new eyeliner pencil out there is matched against.

Until recently, I did not posses this eyeliner, so I was clueless. I did have some very good eyeliner pencils though, one of which I imagined would be close to the 24/7 pencils, from what I heard of it. Turns out I was not that wrong, in fact I stumbled upon another very close product.

There is no denying that the 24/7 pencil in the shade perversion is the blackest of blacks, has the smoothest of applications, and is very long lasting.





The dupes for this pencil, as far as my collection goes, are:
1. Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner Pencil
2. Revlon Grow Luscious Eyeliner Pencil


Price Point:
Now the UD pencil costs about 80 dhs and its available at select places whereas the other two pencils cost around half that price and are available easily everywhere.

They are all the type that need sharpening, a task I find tedious. But what are you gonna do? 

The one at the bottom in the UD 24/7 pencil.

Color Payoff:
They all are very black except that the Revlon one is ever so slightly less black, hardly noticeable after application. 

Consistency:
UD is the one that is most buttery and glides on without any drag whatsoever, but the prestige one is also almost the same, almost. But the Revlon one is identical in this quality.

Lasting Power:
UD is very long lasting, and so are the other two, except that the Revlon one has slightly less longevity, but the prestige one is same to the 24/7 one in this respect.   

Freshly applied from L to R: 24/7 pencil, Prestige pencil, Revlon pencil

Corresponding swatches after giving the back of my hand a thorough rubbing for a good 30 seconds.

As you can see the last swatch belonging to the Grow Luscious Pencil by Revlon has faded slightly more than the other two. But then again there are girls I know who like their liner to be long lasting yet not stubborn to wash off. 

If you're not inclined to splurge on the 24.7 pencil, then I strongly recommend either of the above pencils, though the Prestige pencil is closer a wee bit more than the Revlon one. But marginally.

As an after thought I think its wise to mention that the NYX Glide on Pencils (or is it Slide on Pencils) are also supposed to be a good dupe of the UD pencils. But I can't attest to that, not having one of those. If you do, then do let me know.

Have a good weekend.










2 comments:

  1. Thax Rahima .,. a very helpful article ... i always look for eye pencil that is dark black, long lasting and doesnt smudge easily as my eyes are very watery .. i believe i found it 24/7 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will love it. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete