Saturday, February 1, 2014

Max Factor Masterpiece Precision Eyeshadow

Max Factor has been a favorite drugstore brand of mine for a while now. Here's an interesting tidbit about Max Factor- Cover Girl is its twin brand, meaning both are owned by Proctor and Gamble and their products though packed differently and named differently are actually mostly the same thing. For e.g Cover Girl's Lash Blast Mascara is the same as Max Factor's False Lash Effect Mascara...but I digress, back on topic...


I wanted to try out a couple, but in the end I only went for one, which for me was most distinct and most worth it for me,



Price: Bit pricey at about 60-65 dhs.

Packaging: It has a lip gloss type of look, and the wand is like a lip gloss too, but its tip makes it easy to apply in the finer hard to reach areas of the eyes, maybe that's why the word precision is thrown in the name of the product.

I have the shade Night Sky which is the darkest grey

A close up of the wand

Product: These are high shine, metallic eyeshadows (except for this particular shade and the brown one which just have a sheen) and they are long lasting and smudge proof. They are easy to swipe on but the blending time on these is not that much, so if you have to blend it out, you have to work fast. I feel though that these don't necessarily have to be blended, just place them where you want and you don't need any powder eyeshadow to top it off. I am pretty amazed with this product but I wish they had some more colors.
The pinks just came of as white shimmer on my complexion. The olive green was pretty but I felt it would not be easy to use that often,, even though it is a neutral and the brown did not show up well on my lids. The greys were quite similar so I though go with the darkest, I can always sheer it out.

A swatch of the eyeshadow

Blended out

Smoky eyes or nude eyes made simple, definitely a must have, and so travel friendly. Love this shade best!

Marks: 9.5/10




2 comments: