Friday, March 7, 2014

theBalm Girls Lipstick in Amanda Kissmylips

I'm a huge fan of theBalm Instain Blushes and Eyeshadows, particularly the Balm Jovi Palette. I've reviewed that here. So naturally I was curious about the lipsticks. I hadn't heard about these at all. I wondered why. The colors looked decent enough, but to be frank only one stood out to me to be unique and different. But you have to hand it to theBalm for their fancy slightly questionable names (and packaging).

theBalm Girls Lipsticks

I have the one that is the third from the left. Yeah it is scary looking...

Price: About 70 dhs.

Packaging: The box it came had the color in the top but in my opinion it did not depict the color at all. But this this color is hard to explain. The lipstick itself is bullet shaped and metallic with a matte exterior and shiny interior. 

The casing

The product

Product: It is smooth, creamy and hydrating. The lasting power is also good compared to the the consistency of the lipstick. It has a nice makeup smell but its not over powering. This particular color looks close to black but its actually a sheer color with a smooth reflective surface, more like a stained glass effect. Its very nice that way. It can be built up and this shade is a lighter more wearable version of a goth or vamped up lip. It instantly makes your teeth look whiter and complexion more fairer.

Sheer swatch and built up swatch

Marks: 9.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment