Friday, March 21, 2014

Avon Magix Tinted Face Perfector in Light

Another review on yet another face primer. If its the one thing I've learnt over the years is that a good primer can make a world of difference to your look. This caught my eye because a. it was in a compact form and b. it was tinted so it could serve as a single product for those days when you don't have time to put on layers.
So how did I think it fared?


Price: About 80 dhs to 90dhs.

Packaging: I found it to be too bulky for such little amount of product. Once that thought made it to the back of my head, I thought well okay, the mirror is nice, the black packaging is smart and the little sponge is handy. But overall it is bulky.


The compact with the product lifts up to reveal the sponge.

Product: I really have an issue with products that give me blending troubles. This product is basically a cream that sets to a powder finish, so I did not expect that it would be difficult to blend out, its far too solid to use a brush I feel, and the sponge kind of wipes the product away as you try to apply it, hence the blending issue. Fingers do a better job but its still a task. There ever the slightest bit of coverage, but I was expecting more. There is an SPF of 15, so that is always a plus.

The product in the pan
The left side of my hand without the product and the right side with the product.

As you can see that its not quite an even application even though I did try a good deal. The plus side is that it does help the foundation go on smoother and it last longer, but for the price, its just too much trouble and there are better primers out there. I absolutely love their Magix Liquid Primer. I'll be doing a review on that soon. This is not a repurchase type of product.

Marks: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment