Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser (Primer)

I've always been a fan of The Body Shop, I especially love their Vitamin E and Vitamin C range of skin care products. Back in the day of the acne and break outs, the tea tree oil face wash was a staple on my bathroom counter. As my skin matured, it settled and became less oily, so now I alternate between the Vitamin C and Vitamin E ranges. So when a friend of mine asked me to recommend a primer I immediately thought of their mattifying silicon based primer, which is also pretty good. But as I was admiring the impressive array of products in each range I saw this particular product...


Since my friend has pigmentation issues and pores, it made more sense to go for this though I didn't even know this product was on the market. It seemed like a better fit for her. So she bought it. 


Price: About 70 dhs for 30 ml.

Packaging: It looks small, fits snugly in your palm, but it is a solid 30 ml which is the standard amount of product. It feels smooth, I actually enjoy holding this little tube. It twists open to reveal a nozzle and you all know I love nozzles. They prevent contamination and dispense the right amount of product. The design is typical of the tea tree oil range.


Product: In one word amazing. Girls with pores and little bumps and humps, you need this in your life....now...this very instant. Girls without, all go grab yourself one. The consistency is like a pale yellow liquidy gel that blends out transparent. There is that familiar smell of the tea tree oil in it. So how did I jump to a conclusion in just one try? The story is a little funny. As I was doing my friends makeup, I actually applied foundation to one side of the face without primer and she then asked me why i didn't apply the primer...then it struck me, this would be a good time to demonstrate the prowess of this product and see if it holds up to its claims which are:

Minimizes the appearance of pores
Mattifies for a shine-free finish
Leaves skin feeling fresh and pure
Ideal base for makeup

Check on all the above.

Upon completion of the makeup, the effect of the primer could be seen strikingly. The side with the primer had literally no pores, it was smoother and firmer looking, and even the foundation went on smoother. Both of us were amazed at the results of the primer. And I am not easily wooed, I've used my fair share of good primers.

Marks: This one gets a 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment