Tuesday, March 25, 2014

MAC Lipstick in Russian Red

I love my neutrals, be it eyeshadows or lipsticks. I tend to shy away from bright/vibrant colors when it comes to lipstick which is probably the only reason that I didn't own a proper pure red lipstick till now. I never even felt the urge to swatch them in stores and my eyes just used to skip over all those beautiful reds and bright pinks. 


Anyways after a bit of convincing from my friends, I decided to venture into the world of Reds.I wanted to start with a drugstore red because didn't want to waste money on a higher end brand with a shade I knew I would wear the least. I decided to take Rahima’s suggestion of Maybelline’s Ravishing Rouge (reviewed here) but sadly it wasn't available. So off I went on a swatch fest of all the possible reds I could find in the drugstore but none appealed to me as such. Either too glossy, too bright, too orange or too dull.

Now in the blogosphere, Mac’s Russian Red and Ruby Woo are quite popular and well loved Reds. So off I went to check them out just for the heck of it to see what the hype is all about. Ruby woo was too dry and was tugging on the back of the hand so that was off the list. With not so high expectations I swatched Rusiaan Red and it looked nice. I decided to try it on myself and it was Wow! Just the Red I wanted and the decision was made.


Russian Red is a matte deep red with neutral undertones so it compliments all skin tones. Its matte but not too drying. You need to moisturize your lips before applying it for an even application. Its very opaque and one coat is enough. Its matte but not flat, rather it has bit of a sheen. Its very long lasting and leaves a beautiful stain on the lips.

The swatch with only one swipe
I am very happy with my purchase and would definitely repurchase if it ever finishes. One of my new favorites and I regret not buying it sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment