Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Current Everyday Makeup Routine- Makeup Application 101

We love our makeup products, they are our little handy helpers. But with so many options and overload of information it becomes difficult to make simple choices, like to use a matte or glossy lipstick, to use a tinted moisturizer or BB cream, or what type of concealer to use. The options are limitless. But most of us have that one standard method of applying makeup that works for you. So in this post I'll be telling you about how I do my standard everyday makeup and what products I am using, and little tips on how to add variety while still sticking to your routine in a time effective way.


Step 1: Face- I start with a clean face. After that I apply my BB cream skipping primer. I tap on my corrector under my eyes and then top of with regular concealer. I set my whole face with my powder and then do a little subtle contouring with my favorite bronzer from Chanel. I then apply a neutral pinkish blush. That's it with my face. 

L to R: Ponds BB Cream, Bobbi Brown Corrector, Bourjois Concealer, MAC MSF,
Chanel Bronzer, MUA Powder Blush in Shade#2

Shake it up: 
If you have dry skin use a moisturizer before BB cream or foundation.
For oily skin use an oil controlling primer.
Apply primer for a more polished and long lasting finish.
Apply highlighter on top of the cheeks for more prominent cheek bones.
Dust loose powder very lightly at end to set the contour but don't over do it.
You can do blush at the end as well.

Step 2: Eyes- I apply an eye primer all over the lid. I apply a medium brown matte shade in the crease and a cream shade on the lid. I then line my upper lid with a black eye pencil and go over it with a black eye shadow taking it up a little at the end in a little flick. I do the same at the bottom except not all the way to the inner eye area, just half way. I sometimes use a brown to go over the black pencil and smudge it a little. A single coat of mascara and just a tad bit on the lower lashes and I'm done.

Elf Eyelid Primer, Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette,
Revlon Grow Luscious Eye Pencil, Benefit They're Real Mascara 

Shake it up:
Apply a colored cream base for a more vivid look.
Apply a warm shade on top of the crease color and blend for more dimension.
Apply a shimmery white shade in the inner tear duct area to really wake up the eyes.
For a pop of color, use a colored eye pencil on the bottom lid.
For a more darker smoky look, apply kohl liner on the inner rims of your lower and upper lids.
For a more wide awake look, apply a skin or white colored pencil on the inner rims of your lower water line.
Curl your lashes with a slightly warm eyelash curler and apply several coats of mascara for the false lash effect.
Start with the eyes of you're doing a very heavy eye look to clean up fall out later without messing up your foundation.
Clean up the edges of your eyeshadow with a concealer and concealer brush by sweeping it upwards.

Step 3: Lips- Lastly I apply a balm stain or any neutral lipstick that's handy and trace the outside after with a neutral lip pencil. 

Prestige Lip Liner in 47 Spice, Loreal 6 Hour Gloss in 106 Forever Young, NYX Matte Lipstick in Butter
Clinique Chubby Stick in 05 Chunky Cherry and Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in 407 Rum Kiss

Shake it up:
Apply a similar gloss for more fuller looking lips or just a bit on the lower lip.
Use a little highlighter on the cupid's bow.
Trace the outside of your lip line with a concealer with a fine lip brush to give a more pronounced lip line, especially for red lipstick.

Simple yet effective...hope you enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment