Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lorac Pro Palette

I love my neutrals and Lorac Pro Palette is absolute eye candy for all you neutral makeup lovers out there. Though I love shimmers but they can be a bit over the top while getting ready for day time parties or small get togethers. Therefore, I was on a hunt for a good palette with matte shades. And when I saw the Lorac Pro Palette with 8 matte and 8 shimmery shadows and that too in the neutral colors spectrum, it was love at first sight. Really!! :)



I love the packaging. Its super thin and very travel friendly as it hardly takes any space. The exterior is a matte black finish which unfortunately is a dust and fingerprint magnet. But otherwise its sturdy, sleek and classy.

You can probably see some eyeshadow smudges there... :(

Housed inside are 16 eye shadows. Top row is matte finishes and bottom row is shimmers. I love love LOVE the color selection. Its a perfect mix of highlighting shades, mid tone crease and transition shades and a few dark ones that can double up as liner too. Also I love the fact that its not just brown/beige neutrals but there are a couple of fun shades too to spice up the look.


The quality of the shadows is consistent through out the palette. There are no hits and misses in this one. All are top notch having buttery silky texture. Mattes are not at all powdery, dry or chalky. All the shimmers have a beautiful metallic finish and no over the top glitter or anything. Pigmentation is awesome. Literally just have to lightly tap the brush in the shadow. All the shades work beautifully with each other and you can get a wide variety of looks from this palette.



Now coming to the shades. I absolutely loveee the fact that the shades are named according to what the actual color is. It makes a whole lot more sense to me rather than the funky/ flimsy names that is the trend these days. Hence I will not elaborate on the shades because all shade names are self explanatory :) Following are one swipe swatches:

Top Row:Matte (L-R): White, Cream, Taupe, Lt.Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black

Bottom Row: Shimmer (L-R): Nude, Champagne, Gold, Lt Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate
Overall I think its an awesome palette and also the most versatile one that I have come across lately. My absolute favorite..!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks very pretty, its been on my wish list for so long.

    ReplyDelete