Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in 006 Ultimate Orchid

I featured this product in an Orchid schemed post I did a few days ago (click here). The reason was the most beautiful light mauve pink color that directly attracted me as being the most beautiful lip color for a no makeup makeup look. I am a huge fan of Revlon lip products, including their glosses and chubby stick type balms and their classic lipsticks, but sadly this one product just does not even come up to that mark even by a fraction.

Revlon Liquid Lipstick in Ultimate Orchid

Price: Around 65 dhs.

Packaging: You know how a  poorly packaged product sometimes surprises you by its quality? Well this was the complete opposite case scenario. I was so looking forward to enjoying this product, just look at the color.

The doe foot applicator dispenses the right amount of product for the entire lip.


Close up of the tip of the wand.
Product: Doesn't that look lovely, the consistency looks like it could be perfect. And it is, until it dries down. Now I know that long lasting matte products tend to be a tad drying, but this product took it to a whole new level. The color itself fades after setting, and goes all pasty looking, not at all like it is when you freshly apply it. And as it sets, it becomes tacky like nobody's business. I feel the need to pry my lips open to talk. But it is long lasting, it lasted me a whole six hours inclusive of a meal, but the lack of comfort was just not worth it. And don't even get me started on the side effects after removing it, my lips were parched and flaking away like chipped paint on a wall. 

Freshly applied swatch
After a minute of setting.
You can tell how the color has faded and how dry that looks. And the feel of it reminds me of sticky notes.
Sorry Revlon, and what were you guys thinking? I was so disappointed. 

If someone has an alternative dupe for this color please let me know. I find this one difficult to work with a lip balm under or over. 

Marks: With a heavy heart- 2/10.




No comments:

Post a Comment