Thursday, November 28, 2013

My Go To Fall/Winter Cheek Look

You will have noticed that in this blog, I don’t put in the technical details of the products like where its made or what ingredients it has unless its relevant to the situation. These are just my opinions on the products I have in my stash which are a combination of all types of brands…mostly drugstore, but on occasion I enjoy a splurge product. In this particular case, I've been reaching for 3 splurge products which compromise my fall/winter cheek look.

And the unveiling:




Lancome Blush in Rose Boise
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bonzing Base
And the stick is Benefit's Watt's Up Highlighter




Now the bronzer is the famous Bronze Universal from Chanel which is now called Soleil Tan De Chanel. I love this product. Now though expensive, I feel if you consider the amount you are getting which is 30 grams, it’s not expensive and so worth it. Probably won’t work as a contour for deeper skin tones but can still be applied to give dimension and contrast. For medium skin tones this is just magic because it can work as a contour or a general bronzer. I find that on my medium skin tone it gives a beautiful contour. I don’t use it as a bronzer all over my face. Though if you look carefully there are some micro shimmers in it, but they don’t show up at all on the skin. Also the texture is unique. It’s not overly creamy and not powdery but something in the middle. The down side is that sometimes my brush hairs are left behind. And even though I have used this product quite a few times there isn’t even a dent in it yet. As with most higher end products the packaging is chic and elegant. The protective cap inside helps the product from drying out. But I don’t think it’s prone to drying out since it’s a pretty dry texture.  





The blush is something that’s a failsafe product. It comes off as a mauve plumy shade-ideal for the cooler months. It’s got a soft texture. The color pay off is not crazy but it’s pretty decent and buildable. I prefer the muted look anyway, but for the girls with a heavier touch, it will work too. The name of this one has rubbed off but its form Lancome’s Blush Subtil line. It’s called Rose Boise.




Finally the highlighter product which is Benefit’s Watts Up. This product has a cult following of its own. What I like about this highlighter is that you just need a dab with your finger on your cheeks and you are good. I don’t use the sponge tip because I find it to wipe away the product. To be honest I don’t use highlighter unless it’s a night time event. So this is not often used, not for the lack of love but for the lack of an occasion. I would like to use it more often.  It’s a twist up product like the Nar’s Multiple stick. The packaging is so cute, looks like a light bulb. Very clever.


The golden undertones really will flatter all skin tones. 

Just so that you get an idea how these products relate to one another:

Swatches of the bronzer, blush and highlight.

What's your go to fall/look or just your favorite cheek look? Let me know.










1 comment: