Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Garnier BB Cream and Garnier Roll-on Anti-darkcircles Concealer

Ah the magic of beauty balms a.k.a. BB creams. The tech from the Orient that took on a fan base of epic proportions. A tinted moisturizer with added skin benefits...what more could a girl want. But there are so many and though it could be said they are simply glorified tinted moisturizers, I'm still partial to this particular one by Garnier which is perhaps the most famous of them all and side by side, its trusty sidekick the Anti-dark circles Roll-on Concealer.

The Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream and the Roll-on Concealer

Price: Both are easily available for about 25 to 35 UAE Dhs. Pretty good price for 2.5 fluid ounces which more than twice your average foundation amount and for the Roll-on which is .50 fluid ounces..also not bad. 




Packaging: The BB cream is a squeeze out tube...and the concealer has a rolling ball which is so cool and soothing to the touch. It feels heavy and chic.

Product: The BB cream is surprisingly pigmented. I like applying it with my synthetic angled kabuki brush by Sigma..but in a rush, good old fingers are good too. It has a high sheen finish, so those with dry skin will really like this product. This is really not for oily or even normal to oily skin. Even on my normal skin I have to powder it down so that I can tone down the dewiness. I personally love the finish, but it can be a real hit and miss depending on your preference. This product claims to even tone, hydrate, renew, protect (SPF 15) and brighten the skin. I definitely feel these claims are not far fetched...my skin does look fresh and my complexion even. Though it is a tad light, it blends and accommodates my skin giving it a radiant finish. 

Light medium would probably suit me better but still this shade blends and adapts nicely.


Above: An idea of what a little of the product looks like.
Below: After blending- an even tone, soft and supple skin that smells nice too.


The concealer is so convenient to use. First off, the metallic roller ball dispenses the concealer which has a thin consistency, quite evenly. It has this tint that cover my panda like circles upto medium coverage such that it looks like I have had a good night's sleep (which is really not the case, but it doesn't hurt to look well-rested). Though it has alcohol as an ingredient, I do not find it dries my under eyes. As with the cream, a more long lasting result can be obtained by setting it with concealer, or go over it with an eye brightener to really give a highlighted look under your eyes.

My shade in Medium...nice peachy undertones to really neutralize those dark circles.

Note: A version for oily skin has also taken the market by storm for those of you interested in something more matte and with oil control properties. 



Marks: BB Cream: 7.5/10
            Roll-on Concealer: 8.5/10

3 comments:

  1. Weell,this BB Cream is definetly not my thing as its not at all recomemded by you for oily skins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, you could try the one for oily skin. I haven't used it so I am not sure about it.

      Delete
  2. Yeah even with my super dry skin I need to powder the T zone. . But nice nonetheless

    ReplyDelete