Sunday, November 24, 2013

Rimmel Gel Eye Liner in 001 Black


As different brands boarded on the gel liner train, all of us got equally obsessed. The hunt for the better, more lasting, more intense product was on. What was not to like about these tiny little pots of magic that could literally transform your entire look. It was during this period of hit and trials that I got my hands on this little thing.


Price: This is available easily at all major malls nationwide for about 35 UAE dhs or thereabouts. Though at first glance this seems rather cheap you have to bear in mind it has lesser product too. So it averages about the same price, infact a bit more expensive than other drugstore gel liners.




Packaging: Very nifty. Don’t have to dig into your makeup pouch for the eye liner brush because this little guy comes with one. It’s not a bad brush too- can be used for thicker or thinner lines. The teeny tub/pot really appeals because it is simply too cute to pass by.

The product has 3 components..

The wand can be used short or longer as you desire.


Product: There are just 2 grams…the consistency seemed to be slightly less dense than I was expecting. This particular color was a decent enough black, though not the most intense I have used. The company claims it is smudge proof and yes I agree this stuff is pretty stubborn. It doesn’t smear either. The one down side was that it took ages to dry down completely. I could feel the coolness of the line on my lid. This was not such a major issue for me since there is plenty of room between my upper lids and lash line. But those people with less of a crease will probably find this bothersome. It was smooth and after drying became matte. I like this liner….but certainly it not my most coveted.

The texture is creamy, slightly slick.

A light swatch after it has dried down.

Can't say I reach for this one quite as often as my other ones like the Maybelline or Bobbi Brown one. But nevertheless a good purchase for those of us watching our monetary status.

Marks: 7/10






No comments:

Post a Comment