Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A Review- Medora Nail Polish

I am NOT a nail polish person. Never was, never will be, it's just not my cup of tea. However, it just so happened, that a while back, I got myself a hot glue gun. I happened to come across a number of tutorials that demonstrated how to make awesome (cute and pretty) DIY decorative items, stuff like jewelry, containers, art work and coasters.

I decided I was going to take up 'hot-gunning', and make some 'stuff'- kind of make it a thing to do with my very creative young nieces. So I went ahead and made myself a coaster. It turned out well enough, but disappeared after a couple of days. I think the help probably looked at it long and hard, tossed it out shaking her head and thinking about what the object could possibly be. After all, I hadn't given it any colour.

Now in one of the tutorials, it was suggested that nail polish could be used to paint over things made from the glue. So when I saw this particular shade of nail polish, it was not with the intention of using it on my nails that I bought it.

Shade No. 359
At 115 Rs, it's a pretty affordable brand,. The quality is not different than any higher end brand (not that I have a lot of experience). It went on smoothly, dried in a minute, smells like other nail polishes and even after 5 days, not a crack!

This shade is a moss green with finely milled golden glitter. It is a rather radical colour to wear on the hands since it has a high reflective surface. As I said, good for coaster painting. 

Temptation got the better of me, and I ended up painting my nails too. It looks appalling on my medium skin toned fingers, but I'm having a bit of fun regardless.

Here is a swatch on plain white paper:


Now here is how it looks on my finger...


I think I'll be making more 'stuff' with the hot glue gun and buy more shades to paint it, maybe a couple will make their way onto my nails again.


No comments:

Post a Comment