Thursday, May 7, 2015

April Favorites

April passed by very fast, I guess I'll be saying that for May as well. I mean its already the 7th. Sadly this month, I feel like I've gotten myself into a makeup rut. Getting ready for work in the morning is one of the best parts of my day, but this past month I've been sticking to very neutral looks. This was a complete 360 degree turn from last month. You can read that post here.

At any rate, I still don't see myself reaching out for more bolder looks any time soon, I'm suspecting it must be the summer heat. Naaa... who am I kidding, it's just a rut, pure and simple.

On with the show: Excuse the grubbiness on few of the products, its a result of sometimes rushed mornings.

Face Products: This foundation was lying around in my stash for a while. It's the L'oreal Matte Morphose Souffle Foundation. It's getting humid as well as hot, and this one is pretty good at staying matte. It's very smooth and blends easily and can be built up to full coverage. 

I apply this over my Olay Total Effects Anti-aging Serum- review here

These days I just tap a little of the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach to combat my stubborn dark circles.

Set the entire face with the all famous Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. This prevents the face from looking flat.

Laying off the cream products for a bit, I contour with Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess (love the brush that comes with it), I have been going for a neutral blush like this tiny one by Tarte called 'Stellar" of the Amazonian Clay line. It's neutral with a hint of very fine shimmer. Love the effect.

Eye Products: So I use my trusty UDPP, and then the Amrezy Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills. I go in for the neutral colors, keeping a safe distance away from the purple and green- though I do love them. This palette has literally no fall out. It requires a little building up though, but they are long lasting. 

For eyeliner, if I'm not smudging Urban Decay's pencil in Zero, I use the Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner which is brilliant for this weather. When I'm feeling a little daring, I smudge some of Stila's Sumdge Stick in Starfish, which is a lovely olive green with a little sparkle. I didn't like this in the beginning, but the more I used it, the more pliable it became, now I really love it.

I finish of the look by reaching for either the Maybelline The Falsies Mascara or The One, both in the waterproof formulas.

Lip Products: Keeping it simple this month with Tarte's Lipsurgence Jumbo Pencils (the small ones) in Destined ( a matte rosy pink) and 'Generous' (a matte muted peach-great neutral lip). They last a long time and don't try out my lips. The only thing that is slightly annoying is the weird minty smell, but I hear some people actually like it,

For the neutral lip I don't usually use lip liner, but since the rosy pink color is more loud, I use my trusty Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Liner in 004 Indian Pink.


Pictured above are some of the products from the inside.


Swatched above from left to right is the lip liner, the two Tarte Lipsurgence Pencils, UD pencil and Stila Smudge Stick.

And that's a wrap. Until next month... toodles.




No comments:

Post a Comment