Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Intense Balm

Having worn more or less matte lips consistently for a couple of weeks now, this morning I felt like a different finish was in order. Also, I was sleepy so I was looking a little lack luster as it were. The culprit I suspect, was that midnight dessert that chased away my beauty sleep only for it to come right back at me in the wee hours of the morning.

So I just went through my usual routine in a very routine way, but jazzed it up a little with the Rimmel Lip Balm Jumbo stick in 200 Keep Mauving. Although I had used it on a number of occasions before, I only just noticed its awesomeness this morning.


These are available in a variety of colours, all of them very pretty, but since I shy away from reds and pasty colours that totally wash me out, I picked up the browny pinky shade in Keep Mauving. I don't really see the mauve in it, but okay. 

Price: Approximately 800 Rs.

Packaging: It is pretty much what any jumbo lip pencil looks like, plastic packaging, twisty thing at the back that pushes the product out and a plastic cap. After the initial bullet shape wears out, you can't sharpen it or anything, you'll just have to be strategic during application when the shape is gone. The amount of product is impressive. I for one, don't really think I can go through it all.



Product: The stand out quality is despite it's beautiful subtly glossy effect, it is very long lasting, highly pigmented and also leaves a slight stain. It wears off beautifully and the actual reason for me writing this review is because as I drank a glass of water before leaving for work, I expected that lipstick stains would be on the rim of the glass. As I rose from the chair to place the glass in the sink I noticed no staining. This was cool since I had applied it just a few minutes before. 



I was also wondering how it would hold up till I got home. So the first thing I did after approximately seven hours of talking, drinking, eating and laughing I noticed that it had faded ever so slightly, evenly and left a very pretty stain on my naturally purple tinged lips. 

Would I pick up another shade? Probably not because I have so many similar shades. But if you are in the market for a good hydrating, slightly glossy long lasting lip product, I would suggest you go out and pick out a couple of these. Oh! They smell like vanilla- yey!

Marks: 10/10


2 comments:

  1. I love Rimmel lip products and this looks quite interesting I would like to try it out

    sparklygoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete