Wednesday, June 24, 2015

New MAC Lipstick and Dupe

I was all excited for the unveiling of my new MAC lipstick. This one was on my most wanted list for ages and ages. As I was happily swatching it, it dawned on me that I had put up a post of a lipstick that was very very similar to it just a while back; in fact it was my last post. Okay I'm telling you already... the name of my newest addition is none other than MAC's infamous Velvet Teddy.


Price: Runs for 16 US dollars and about 2200 Pak Rupees

Packaging: If you're reading this post, you already know about the bullet shaped packaging of the MAC lipsticks. Nothing more need be said.

Product: This is a matte finish, so it is also pretty long lasting. It is a browny beige nude shade, at least on my medium complexion. It will flatter anybody in my opinion. It's a bit drying on the lips, but not uncomfortably so. It smells like vanilla and easily makes my top five favourite lipsticks of all time. 

Here it is swatched:


Dupe Alert: Color Studio Professional Lipstick in Runway is a dupe. When looking at the lipstick in the tubes they look a wee bit different, but swatched they are identical. Runway is slightly creamy, but if you blot it with tissue it will give the same matte effect. 

In the tube

MAC Velvet Teddy and Color Studio Runway

Marks: Speaking from a place that adores MAC definitely a 10/10. You can always go for the dupe which is less than 1/3 the price.



No comments:

Post a Comment