Saturday, June 6, 2015

Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencils

I thought that these pencils would a little bigger, but they are smaller than your average jumbo lip pencils. When I first caught a whiff of them online, I was intrigued since they looked very nice and were reasonably prized. They are not the retractable ones, they need to be sharpened. This is a plus for me since I like the tip to be sharpish to get a clean lip line.

It was a pleasant surprise to receive these from my sister-in-law (also co-author of this blog) though I believe she has left the heavy lifting to me...(I'm ducking).....nevertheless, I tried them out albeit just once. If you want to know my first impressions, read on.

Shades: 510 Red Essential and 210 Keep it Classy

Price: Very reasonable, it was a gift though, so can't be exact.

Packaging: As mentioned, its a wooden pencil. You'll need to sharpen it. Smaller than expected though, but nice to toss into your bag. The cap is not in danger of getting lost thereby messing up your purse big time. Here is what the tip looks like:



Product: Like wow. Not only do these smell nice, they glide on shockingly smooth. In fact, I think if you press a little hard you will be in danger of smearing it all over your lips. You don't need to apply any pressure and yet they apply so smoothly and are extremely pigmented, decently long lasting and almost completely matte... but not all matte. Just almost. These do feel moisturizing, so girls with chapped lips can do very well with these. The latter hardly looks used. They leave a light stain on the lips. 

Here are the swatches of the shades I have:


The red is very pretty, how should I describe it? It's a shy red, timid- a perfect red if you're just starting out with red. The pink is a bold pink- for girls who are tired of their every day pink, this is the shade if you want to take it up a notch. 

Marks: A solid 10/10.








No comments:

Post a Comment