Saturday, September 27, 2014

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick

I was so excited to get this product for two reasons, first off it is my first Too Faced product..yay! Next because whereas jumbo lip pencils (balm, stain, tint, long wear or otherwise) were all the rage, the new 'thing' are the liquid lipsticks that claim to be super long wearing and opaque. This line has six regular colors, but since they are a bit pricey, I decided to go for a color that I would get the most use out of. So on with the review:

Shade: Melted Nude

Price: About 110 dhs.

Packaging: The squeezy tube shows the color of the product inside but I personally don't like the sponge tip applicator. It's okay, but sponge tips are just a germ fest. I squeezed out the product on the back of my hand then applied it with a brush, that also gave me more precise application.

I took a snap on my first use to show the product coming out.


Product: This looks glossy as you first apply it, but as it settles it becomes almost matte. The formula is not drying, but not hydrating either which is fine since I don't have dry lips. The color is a beautiful warm browny beige color which looks really good on mid tone complexions. This would be the ideal nude for a no makeup makeup look, or with smokey eyes. It is really long wearing, you won't need a touch up for hours unless you decide to have fried chicken. It smells a lot like vanilla, but it's not over bearing.

Swatch


Marks: 8.5/10, loses a point and a half due to the sponge tip and hefty price tag, but a good splurge nevertheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment