Saturday, September 10, 2016

Mini-Rave: Blender Cleanser

I should have taken pictures, but I was skeptical. So I went ahead, in utter desperation, for there was no way my makeup brushes could be used without a deep and thorough cleansing. After a wonderful wedding in the family, (confession: quite a bit of brush sharing went on), my poor brushes were just begging to get all the gunk off, especially my slanted Sigma kabuki foundation brush (love love love).

My sis in law told me I should use her Beauty Blender Brush Cleanser. I looked at her and it with an one eyebrow up to my hairline. Really, a glorified bar of soap? This was going to give me pristine brushes, after trying every shampoo and makeup remover? Ah well, what had I to lose, things could not get any worse right?




I gathered my stash of filthy brushes and let the water run till it became warm. What was it that she told me to do, wet brush, swirl in tub, rub around with fingers and rinse. Yeah ok, and so I started, but I did not expect the bursting of colour from within the recesses of the brushes to emerge so brilliantly leaving behind the glorious image of all my brushes restored to their former state... as I said, I should have taken pictures, but I didn't.

Well, as I was feeling excited, a thought occurred to me that at the rate I'm going, there won't be much of anything left in the little tub. Ah well... I was on a roll, I'd cross that bridge when I got to it.

When all the brushes were quite done, I washed out any left over residue from the surface of the bar to analyze the damage, but lo and behold... not even a dent.

I needed this in my life. Now it's not available here in Karachi in any main stream stores, but where there is a will there is a way. I am impressed beyond belief, and it takes a lot to impress me these days... (sorry for coming off as a little immodest here).

Marks: Possibly 11 out of 10. Go get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment