Friday, November 20, 2015

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua- My Holy Grail Foundation at Last

I realize that I have been absent from the blogging arena for a while now. Some things went down, but the dust has finally settled. Suffice it to say, the reviews, tips and makeup related posts will now a be a more frequent part of your feed.

Right, moving along... as you all know I am a self-professed makeup junkie, but among the makeup categories, foundation takes the prize. The wisdom of all top-makeup artists makes so much more sense; a flawless (or as flawless as can be) base, makes for the ideal canvas for the rest of the paraphernalia on your vanity. I should totally do a post on my humble vanity ( ahem ahem) sometime soon. But I digress.

This puppy has been in my stash all sealed for a while now. Come the dry winter months combined with my prior experience with the big sister of this foundation (find the review and dupe here), I gave it a go.


Price: Around 6000 Rupees

Packaging: It's quite a different packing from other high end brands. It's plastic, but doesn't feel cheap. It has that little ball inside to ensure the foundation is well shook and mixed. It has a nozzle to dispense the liquid in just the right amount. Since the packaging is a slight bit squeezy, I can get pretty good control over the amount that comes out. 





Product: The truth is that in the first couple of days I used this, I wasn't really impressed. I didn't think it was anything great. Turns out, the problem was that I wasn't shaking the bottle well enough (it having sat in my foundation box for months now). 

The consistency is liquidy, but slightly, ever so slightly mousse-like as well. It smells very nice (trademark of Chanel foundations) and it spreads out evenly and consistently. Very little product is required for the entire face.

It gives light to medium coverage. It evens out the skin, makes it look so seamless. I need a touch of concealer under the eyes and on the occasional break out, but this is the perfect foundation for me. 

It wears for 6-7 hours without oxidizing or going all oily. Even then, a slight blotting will make you look all fresh again. The final finish is not flat, rather slightly illuminating. Just the kind of thing that does for your skin what coffee does to your mood.

The best thing is that it doesn't feel like I have anything on my face at all. The added SPF 15 is just the cherry on the top.

This is the perfect shade for my medium skin tone.

This is what application looks like:

the consistency

beginning to blend the product

flawless finish after blending

Marks: Read the title. 'Nuff said.










No comments:

Post a Comment