Sunday, January 18, 2015

My Brown/ Brown based Lipstick Favs

With the return of the brown/ browny nude/ brown based lips this coming season, I decided to go through my stash and fell in love of some my since forgotten and hardly used lipsticks and I just kept wondering why I hadn't been using them for some time. But here they are....


I love this entire color range so much, and it looks absolutely gorgeous on medium to dark skin tones, it's pretty for night events and goes superbly with gold eyeshadow.



From L to R: YSL Rouge Volupte 6, NYX Matte Lipstick in Butter, Revlon Colour Burst Lipstick in Hazelnut, MAC Lipstick in Mocha, Essence Lipstick in Look at Me, Revlon Color Sensational Lipstick in Velvet Beige
And below are the corresponding swatches:



Now the first one is a deep chocolate brown, it's a pure brown so to speak, love to tap this in a base to make other lippys more browny, and if so pigmented that you can get to look almost black if you tried. Costs a pretty penny, but so worth it. 

The rest of my picks are all drugstore except MAC. Beginning with the NYX matte lipstick, love that this don't dry out the lips. This is more of an ashy brown, so it can wash you out, but I just love this shade.

I picked up the one by Revlon in a sale. It's a beautiful mid tone brown. Love this for an everyday look.

MAC mocha is a brown based brick colour. It is difficult to explain, This is a versatile shade that can be used with any makeup look whatsoever,

The Essence lipstick is a frost finish, but not overbearingly so. It is gives off this silver glimmer that I just adore, smells fantastic, and also is quite hydrating, and dirt cheap.

Finally the last one up there is the Maybelline lipstick in Velvet Beige. Imagine a light brown with a hint of pink in there. Beautiful.

If you own any of the above please let me know in the comments below or if you have other browny lipsticks that you love in your stash, I'd love to find out.




No comments:

Post a Comment