Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

It's no secret this product has been on my wishlist for a while now. I really had to make the tough decision of choosing between the 3 in 1 palette where I could have the tinier versions of three of these powders, or just one. The singles come in 6 shades of various shades and finishes. I decided to go with the one called 'Diffused Light'. I already have plenty of bronzer shades, and highlighters, so I thought to get this one which has a pale yellow hue with an almost matte finish, to be used as a setting powder at the end to help keep the makeup on longer, and to diminish the look of redness and give 'clarity'. It cost a pretty penny. How do I feel about it?

 
Price: About 170 dhs. I did use a discount voucher for 50 dhs though!

Packaging: It is very beautiful and attractive. The plastic feels very metal like, and quite cool to the touch.The dark casing is reflective as well. It does however, get gritty with finger prints. There is a good mirror and it has a solid clicky closure. It is such a pleasure just handling it. The powder inside is slightly domed.




Product: This is an extremely finely milled powder, the finest I have ever come across. It feels so silky and glides on like a dream. It may look very pale, but it is actually translucent. It just brightens up the entire complexion. It is unlike any powder I own. Though it appears matte, it gives an ever so subtle glow to the complexion, I especially like setting concealer under the eyes with it with a couple of layers and then dust it lightly over the rest of the face. It has no smell, so that's a plus.

Close up of the powder
Is it worth the money? Almost....there are cheaper setting powders which do a good job, but this particular finish I feel, is just a luxurious preference one. I am very happy with this purchase, and can see it will last for a very long time, but even if I do manage to go through it, I do not see myself repurchasing. It comes down to splurging, and this is a splurge. If you're looking to spoil yourself, go for it.

A swatch without flash. It has a slight luminosity.

With flash, you really have to have a light hand with this powder.

Just do a little googling to see which finish would suit you best.

Marks: 9.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment