Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Essence Haul and Mini Reviews

After a great many days I happened to venture into the local beauty mart. I was not really expecting anything new, but Essence had a few new products on display. Some things I had already read reviews on, and most reviews were all good. A couple of items were on sale at half price. Most Essence products are priced between 12 and 22 dhs, which is a very good price, especially for the price. I am glad with all the products in my haul and am generally pretty impressed with the brand.

So these are the things I bought:

From L to R: Waterproof eyeliner pen, XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss Matte Effect in 05 Velvet Rose, Rebel Soft Matte Lip Glosses in 02 Rebel Delight and 01 Mauve Like a Rockstar, All About Matt Oil Control Make-up Base, Essence Blush Up in 10 Heat Wave

A close up of the products open....



1. Eyeliner Pen: Love this, absolute delight to work with. Even someone who always ends up with messed up liner will find this easy to work with. The tip is perfect allowing you total control, it is very black and long lasting- virtual smudge proof, but it is not so stubborn that you have to rub your eyes out to remove it with a an eye makeup remover. You need this in your life!

2. Matte Effect Longlasting Gloss: I wouldn't go so far as to say its long lasting, but it is better than the other two in terms of both pigmentation and longevity. The wand is flattish and the product glides on, the formula not drying at all. However the scent on this one reminds me of a candy I used to have when I was a kid and it sort of bothers me. But that's probably just me. You will need touch ups every couple of hours, more so if your eat. I do love the colors in this line though and this color is just so great for everyday. The matte trend is so in and I just love the finish of this product.

3. The Rebels: The formula is somewhat same as the above product except that it smells like vanilla, and the pigmentation is not as strong. I believe there is one more peachy color but these are the 2 that were on sale and that I bought. Both colors are muted- one is beige, the other mauve. Both are lovely paired with a smokey eye. However since my lips are purple tinted anyway, the mauve color comes off as almost nothing on my lips, that is, they just look polished and more even, and I just love it. I am always randomly applying it. Feels awesome on the lips which is so weird because it's a matte product. The wand is your regular doe foot applicator.

4. Matte Primer: Wow Essence- you've out done yourself. Except that the tube looks quite small, it keeps the skin matte and yes it helps the skin look smoother and keeps foundation on for longer. No scent, no tint. Enough said.

Swatches from the top: eyeliner pen, lipgloss matte effect, rebel gloss in beige and mauve, and one the side a drop of the primer which is enough for the whole face.

The Blush swatched across the gradient

5. Blush: Gradient effect, just like the ones Estee Lauder put out a while back. These are highly pigmented, very finely milled and even last the length of the day, but the color itself is unique. It's such a fun pop of color and yet it's so pretty on the cheeks. And the gradient effect really works, it allows you to either get a blush closer to the orange side but if you use the other end you get a fun pinky coral shade. Swirled together you get the perfect apricot effect and it blends in beautifully. There is also hardly any fall out so it's not chalky or powdery.


2 comments: