Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

After having done reviews for eyeshadows, lipstick and blushes, I thought its time for a foundation and I didn't have to think twice about which one to choose. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Liquid Foundation has been my favorite foundation ever since I got it 2 years ago and is my go-to foundation for formal occasions or also on bad skin day when I want a perfect flawless base. 


Its a glass bottle with a twist cap. The only downside is the absence of a pump leading to wastage of foundation because pouring the foundation out from the bottle gives less control over the amount that flows out. 


Its a medium to full coverage foundation. Finish is semi-matte almost satiny which I love. I have dry skin and it doesn't cling to my dry patches at all but goes on smoothly covering all redness/blemishes etc. There is seldom need for a concealer after this foundation. Since the foundation is so opaque I would suggest you get a perfect match for your skin tone, not lighter or dark. I am shade 3W1 Tawny. It comes in a whopping 30 shades categorized in Warm (W), Neutral (N) and Cool (C) tones.

Its very long lasting and have withstood the test of heat and humidity. Doesn't oxidize and also keeps oil at bay. 

Swatch
Blended

It can be sheered out by applying with fingers or a stippling brush and for a full coverage use a traditional paddle foundation brush or a flat top Kabuki brush like Sigma F80 or Real techniques Expert Face brush.

Since the foundation is matte and full coverage, I recommend you use some color on the face by contouring, blush and highlighting to give dimension else it may end up looking very flat.

Its a definite must have for me and I totally agree with its cult favorite status.

1 comment: