Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Body Shop Drops of Youth- First Impressions

Catchy name, paraben and silicon free, this product drew me right in, even though I am no skin care fanatic. But after finally accepting that I am getting on in my years and that the word 'youth' did not anymore involve me, it was time past time I do something about it. After reading lots of reviews, most positive, I decided to take the plunge myself.
Drops of Youth

At first I thought it was something from the tea tree oil range, but I quickly realized my mistake. I bought the bigger bottle, to be frank it was the sales lady who talked me into it, because obviously buying the bigger bottle would be more economical etc.


Price: Considering the hype and not super high end- okish at 150 Dhs.

Packaging: Its a sturdy glass bottle with a dropper to dispense the product, you require only 3 drops to do your whole face. It looks high end and does not look like it would break if it fell, though I not going to experiment.

The Bottle

The plastic cap which has a button, plunger like thing on the top to press down and release the product in the dropper.


Product: Well it doesn't smell unpleasant, but its nothing to rave about, besides the scent is very light and has a slight medicated whiff about it. It soon dissipates. The texture of the drop is not unlike glycerin in both consistency and application. After a few minutes it sort of dries, but does not feel drying. There is a slight tightening sensation, but its not uncomfortable. After all something has to be done about the loss of elasticity that is the sad side effect of aging and this product is meant to do just that as well. My skin did look clearer in the morning, it felt softer and overall I pretty much liked it. 

As far as first impressions go it is pretty good, I guess I'll be revisiting this thought after a couple of weeks of constant use. But for now, it gets a thumbs up from me.

Marks: 8.5/10




No comments:

Post a Comment